Thursday, February 20, 2014

Barbie, Ken & the Rest in Plasticville: at the Olympics

THE CONTINUING STORY OF LIFE AMONG THE PLASTIC SET

SCENE: Barbie, Ken and G.I. Joe have arrived at the Olympics. They arrive at a high-end hotel and are joined by the Bratz', who have been invited as celebrity guests

YASMIN
Like...yeah Barbie. Like...where's your invitation, like

CLOE
I think that she doesn't have one

BARBIE
Like...you shouldn't think too much, CLOE. It's no good for your brain

JADE
Don't be bitter, Barbie. It's like...not your fault you're not popular

BARBIE
Come again? I've got mansions all over the world. I've got a huge reputation!

CLOE, YASMIN, JADE, SASHA (together)
So we hear. Like...are you still - um - dating - that Australian dude?

G.I. JOE
Hey! She gave him up when she started going with me. Hey Bratz! Wanna see my weapon? It's really strong and big! I'll even let you touch it if youze want. It's right here...

CLOE
Like...you are sooo disgusting. We're outta here!

(the Bratz storm off)

G.I. JOE
Who cares! They're big sissies anyway. Talking about sissies, what happened to Ken?

BARBIE
Like...who knows...who cares. He's always embarrasses me with his wardrobe. Like...I'm a star! I have to be surrounded with people who wear designer names

(a loud shout is heard accompanied by "surf's up!")

(cont'd.) OhGawd! Like...it's Ken. 

(KEN is wearing swimming trunks and slides up to BARBIE on a surf board through the hotel lobby)

KEN
Hi pretty lady! Have we met? My name is Ken!

BARBIE
Like...it's me, Ken. Barbie...your one and only? Remember?

KEN
Your face looks familiar... Oh my and who is this handsome dude? Do you have a name, soldier?

G.I. JOE
Ten-shun! Get down on your stomach and give me fifty!

KEN
We hardly know each other but if that's your little game...

BARBIE
Ken...Ken...Ken...you definitely have swallowed too much water and it's affected your brain. 

(BARBIE's cell phone rings)

'Hello? Who? I can hardly hear you...Blaine? Is it really you? You sound so far away... You're where?

(BARBIE looks across the hotel lobby and spots BLAINE, who runs across the lobby to greet her. They embrace)

BLAINE
Like...I figured you would be 'ere... I never stopped thinkin' 'bout you, darlin

BARBIE
I missed you, too!

KEN
And I missed you too, Blaine!
















No comments: