Thursday, June 14, 2012

"So tell us - how's the "Old Soldiers" re-write coming along these days, Eleanor?"

Actually, I'm pleased to report that real progress is being made. I've written three new scenes but the challenge is, as to be expected, the sound effects. In writing a play specifically geared for radio production, I try to imagine myself listening to the words and letting the sound effects move me along . Sort of watching TV without the visuals.

"Do you think you'll make the deadline this time?"

Obviously, this is my main thrust and goal. If - and I say 'if' - the play is deemed not ready - at least the end result will be a new play and a new medium for me. Planning to check the BBC guide to radio featured on their site to ensure that it's heading in the right direction.

"You mentioned a children's film script that you wrote..."

It's been a long time since the last read-through and it's time to see if it still has legs. Going back, I finished the script along with a lot of re-writes but never submitted it anywhere. Why? Plain, old, basic, fear. It's that old loss of control thingie. As mentioned, will share my findings - and gut feeling, here.

So right now I'm returning to watch Joe make his way to the ceremonies along with his friends trailing close behind, watching. As am I.

No comments: