Thursday, August 10, 2006

THE DAILY ANGST...OR THE GREEN EYED MONSTER MAKES ITS PRESENCE FELT

Don't get me wrong (always an ominous opening phrase) and I'm happy for everyone who "makes it" in show biz, but...

Let me back up a little. Today I received an e-mail from a cyber-aquaintance to inform me about the success of her affiliation with a TV show that is going national. We're talking accross the country, here and from sea-to-shining-sea Do you see shades of green showing through here? Yup!

Thing is...she asked me how my plays are doing and hoped that they were being produced/presented. I'm sure she meant well but it kind of reminded me what a difficult road it is to travel to get someone to produce an unknown play by an unknown playwright with no track record whatsoever. In spite of a concentrated attempt on my part to sell my plays, the end result is inertia.

Still in spite of it all, hope springs eternal... Maybe just maybe...one day...

No comments: